College of Dental Medicine
"We are the state's dental school. We hope to have a significant influence in areas where we are starting new residency programs. We want to expand our footprint to make our great services more convenient and available to more people in the state."
Connie L. Drisko, D.D.S.
Dean, College of Dental Medicine
Under the leadership of Dean Connie L. Drisko, D.D.S., the school has established the following strategic goals to guide the College of Dental Medicine’s growth and development over the coming years:
- Provide a more updated advanced teaching facility.
- Increase class size to 70 and residency slots to approximately 100 to produce more practitioners to meet the growing oral health needs in both rural and urban areas across the state.
- Increase patient volume and scope of patient services to provide a better platform for the education of dental students/residents and to strengthen Georgia Health Sciences ability to recruit national caliber faculty.
- Increase community-based outreach programs to increase access to dental services.
- Increase externally funded research focused on the oral health needs of Georgians.
- Enhance existing relationships with alumni, organized dentistry, local leaders of underserved communities and government health care agencies in a continuing effort to partner with all available resources to improve access to high quality dental services.
To accomplish these ambitious goals and succeed in its mission of education, research and patient care, the College of Dental Medicine needs to increase private financial investment.
To support the College of Dental Medicine contact the Advancement team at 706-721-4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a gift online by credit card click here.